Welcome to the Torah Portion Noach. In this post, we will cover the weekly Torah portion and weekly Haftarah portion from a cultural perspective. There is also an Echoes Through Scripture teaching which takes a theme from the Torah portion and connects it throughout the rest of the Hebrew Bible and into the Apostolic Scriptures.
These are the genealogies of Noah. Noah was a righteous man. He was blameless among his generation. Noah continually walked with God. Noah fathered three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth. Now the earth was ruined before God, and the earth was filled with violence. God saw the earth, and behold it was ruined because all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
- NIV Application Commentary by John Walton
- The JPS Bible Commentary: Haftarot by Michael Fishbane]
- The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament by John Walton
- Honor, Patronage, Kinship and Purity by David DeSilva
- Ancient Near Eastern Texts by James Pritchard
- Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary