This teaching covers the ancient Near Eastern culture and context of the hem and the special outer garment. This will give new light to the following:
- Gen 2 & 3 with Adam and Chavah’s being “naked” and then being given cloathing by God.
- Yosef’s “coat of many colors”
- The significance of tying Tsitsiyot to the corners of your garment
- Deut 24 law about not keeping a man’s garment as security for a loan
- The woman grabbing the hem of Yeshua’s garment
- The story of the Prodigal son
- and much more….
You shall not sow your vineyard with a second kind of seed, or the whole yield will have to be forfeited, both the crop that you have sown and the yield of the vineyard itself. You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together. You shall not wear clothes made of wool and linen woven together. You shall make tassels on the four corners of the cloak with which you cover yourself.